Also known as FA-1
Where: Alachua County, Florida (29.6° N, 82.6° W: paleocoordinates 29.9° N, 74.2° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Crystal River Limestone Formation, Bartonian (40.4 - 37.2 Ma)
• The upper formation of the Ocala Group in Northern Florida.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, dolomitic, shelly/skeletal limestone and dolomite
Collection methods: bulk, core, chemical, mechanical,
• tr = trace. Indicates presence of the taxa at the locality, but in amounts too few to include in the volume percentages.
Primary reference: A. H. Cheetham. 1963. Late Eocene Zoogeography of the Eastern Gulf Coast Region. The Geological Society of America Memoir 91:1-113 [L. Ivany/E. Kowalski] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 7322: authorized by Linda Ivany, entered by Elizabeth Kowalski on 23.05.2000