Where: Iran (36.0° N, 51.2° E: paleocoordinates 35.5° N, 50.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Konka Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the "Pholas" beds, which overlies the Middle Miocene Spaniodontella beds. THICKNESS: From unit of 20-230 m thick, within section that totals ~375 m. AGE: Konkian (Middle Miocene). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 8 (upper of three units in the Konkian horizon.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, gray, calcareous sandstone and poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, gray claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, presumbaly P. E. Süssli. REPOSITORY: Not stated, presumably Geological Survey of Iran.
Primary reference: P. E. Süssli. 1976. The Geology of the Lower Haraz Valley area, Central Alborz, Iran. Geological Society of Iran Report 38 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77202: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 31.12.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)