Where: Austria (48.5° N, 15.8° E: paleocoordinates 47.7° N, 15.3° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Fels Formation, Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Fels Fm, which conformably overlies the St. Marein-Freischling Fm (Aquitanian), and is conformably overlain by the Zellerndorf Fm (Burdigalian). THICKNESS: Unknown, but presumably from bed or group of beds within formation. AGE: Eggenburgian local stage = Burdigalian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, fine-grained sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk, surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text, but possibly multiple collectors and dates. REPOSITORY: Not specifically stated, but likely reposited at the Inst. of Pal., University of Vienna, the Krahuletz Museum in Eggenburg, the Hörbarth Museum in Horn, and the Natural History Museum of Vienna.
Primary reference: O. Mandic and F. F. Steininger. 2003. Computer-based mollusc stratigraphy - a case study from the Eggenburgian (Lower Miocene) type region (NE Austria). Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 197:263-291 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77403: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 10.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)