Where: Austria (48.3° N, 14.3° E: paleocoordinates 48.6° N, 13.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Sarmatian (12.7 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Currently, an about 30-m-thick succession of gravel, marly sand and scattered detritic limestones is exposed at the section "Zollhaus". The sediments in the lower part of the section represent the ecostratigraphic molluscan zone "Mactra Zone" of the Late Sarmatian (zonation sensu Papp,1954). THICKNESS: AGE: Sarmatian (Late Middle Miocene). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From group of beds in lower part of section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marginal marine; unlithified, silty claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Höck, Harzhauser, Kowalke; reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: G, Höck, M. Harzhauser, and T. Kowalke. REPOSITORY: Museum of Natural History Vienna (NHMW).
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser and T. Kowalke. 2002. Sarmatian (Late Middle Miocene) Gastropod Assemblages of the Central Paratethys. Facies 46:57-82 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77423: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)