Where: Pakistan (26.0° N, 63.5° E: paleocoordinates 26.0° N, 63.5° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Riased beach, so therefore presumably not Mekran Series, but more recent overlying strata. AGE: Probably Pleistocene, assigned to the Late Pleistocene on the basis that this unit is coastal terrace. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within unit.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vredenburg
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors including W. Blanford, Wynne, Hira Lal, Ram Singh, and Noetling (staff of Geological Survey of India) during the early 1900's. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of India, with voucher specimens possibly at the BMNH.
Primary reference: E. Vredenburg. 1928. Description of Mollusca from the post-Eocene Tertiary formation of north-western India: Gastropoda (in part) and Lamellibranchiata. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India 50(2):351-506 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77442: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)