Where: Peru (15.9° S, 74.2° W: paleocoordinates 16.0° S, 73.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Huacllaco Formation, Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the "Huacllaco beds", for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Pliocene, as overlies beds with early Late Pliocene index molluscs and itself contains index taxa of latest Pliocene age. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From units III and IV in upper part of section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: UWBM, Washington.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2005. Pterorytis pacanana new species (Gastropoda: Muricidae): circumstantial evidence for late Pliocene El Niņo events in southern Peru. The Nautilus 119(4):164-168 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80406: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)