Where: Peru (14.9° S, 75.3° W: paleocoordinates 15.1° S, 74.4° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From terrace deposits overlying the Pisco Fm (early Middle Miocene-Late Pliocene). AGE: Pliocene in text, on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From terrace deposit capping Miocene strata.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries, L. T. Groves, and M. Urbina. 2006. A new early Miocene Muracypraea Woodring, 1957 (Gastropoda: Cypraeidae) from the Pisco Basin of southern Peru. The Nautilus 120(3):101-105 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80414: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)