Where: Peru (15.6° S, 74.7° W: paleocoordinates 15.8° S, 73.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pisco Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Pisco Fm, which regionally, unconformably overlies the Chilcatay Fm (late Oligocene-early Middle Miocene). AGE: Early Pliocene in text, on the basis of K/Ar dates, siliceous microfossil zonation, and molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown, probably near top of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shoreface; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries and G. J. Vermeij. 1997. orgHerminespina: New Genus of Neogene Muricid Gastropod from Peru and Chile. Journal of Paleontology 71(4):610-615 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80485: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)