Where: Peru (4.5° S, 81.3° W: paleocoordinates 4.5° S, 81.3° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From terrace deposits overlying the Pisco Fm (early Middle Miocene-Late Pliocene). AGE: Late Pleistocene in text, on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2007. The Cenozoic Tegulinae (Gastropoda: Trochidae) from southern Peru. The Nautilus 121(4):163-181 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80544: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)