Where: Wilcox County, Alabama (32.2° N, 87.5° W: paleocoordinates 35.1° N, 67.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• hand sample-level geographic resolution
When: Midway Group, Early/Lower Paleocene (65.5 - 61.7 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit within the Midway Group, but probably Porters Clay or Clayton Fm. AGE: Early Paleocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Alabama Museum of Natural History.
Primary reference: A. K. Miller. 1947. Tertiary nautiloids of the Americas. Geological Society of America Memoir 23:1-234 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 81891: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)