Where: Morocco (30.7° N, 9.8° W: paleocoordinates 24.9° N, 4.1° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Taboulouart Formation, Late/Upper Barremian (130.0 - 125.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Taboulouart Fm, which unconformably overlies the Talmest Fm (Early Cretaceous), and is in turn overlain by the Bouzergoun Fm (Early Cretaceous). AGE: Late Barremian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Toxancyloceras vandenheckii biozone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 25, 8-9 m above base, near top of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone and lithified, shelly/skeletal marl
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Company
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Presumably the authors, principally M. Company. REPOSITORY: University of Granada, Granada, Spain.
Primary reference: M. Company, J. Sandoval, J. M. Tavera, M. Aoutem, and M. Ettachfini. 2008. Barremian ammonite faunas from the western High Atlas, Morocco - biostratigraphy and palaoebiogeography. Cretaceous Research 29:9-26 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82310: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)