Where: Cooke County, Texas (33.6° N, 97.1° W: paleocoordinates 30.9° N, 57.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Weno Formation, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Weno Formation, which overlies the Denton Clay (Late Albian) and is overlain by the Pawpaw Formation. AGE: Late Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the TMM, USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Several, including the USNM and Texas Memorial Museum (TMM).
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy, W. A. Cobban, A. S. Gake, J. M. Hancock, and N.H. Landman. 1998. Ammonites from the Weno Limestone (Albian) in Northeast Texas. American Museum Novitates 3236:1-46 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82361: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)