Where: Japan (32.5° N, 130.5° E: paleocoordinates 41.6° N, 121.4° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Hinoshima Formation, Late/Upper Santonian (85.8 - 83.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Hinoshima Fm, which locally unconformably overlies granitic rocks, and is overlain by the Amura Fm (Campanian) AGE: Late Santonian-Campanian. Here assigned to Late Santonian on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 2, near the base of the section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deltaic; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, conglomeratic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Komatsu et al.
Collection methods: bulk, surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Komatsu et al. REPOSITORY: KMSP, Faculty of Science, Kumamoto University, Japan.
Primary reference: T. Komatsu, M. Ono, H. Naruse and T. Kumagae. 2008. Upper Cretaceous depositional environments and bivalve assemblages of far-east Asia: the Himenoura Group, Kyushu, Japan. Cretaceous Research 29:489-508 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82372: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)