Where: France (43.2° N, 5.5° E: paleocoordinates 32.2° N, 6.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit, that overlies the Gargasian Marls (Aptian). AGE: Late Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position; Calycoceras guerangeri zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From beds 13-17, in the upper part of section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, burrowed, glauconitic, shelly/skeletal siltstone and lithified, fine-grained, shelly/skeletal, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Many collectors, including W.J. Kennedy (1967-1990). REPOSITORY: Several repositories, principally the NMNH, but also the BMNH, OUM, FSM and FSL.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy. 1994. Cenomanian ammonites from Cassis, Bouches-du-Rhone, France. Palaeopelagos Special Publication 1:209-254 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82844: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)