Where: New Zealand (40.9° S, 177.0° E: paleocoordinates 77.6° S, 168.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Gentle Annie Formation (Mangapurupuru Group), Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Gentle Annie Fm, which unconformably (fault contact) abuts the Maringi Fm (Albian). AGE: Derived from the Maringi Fm, hence deposited during the Motuan (=Albian), on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite for entire formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, gray mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: GSNZ (now GNS Science, Lower Hutt, New Zealand).
Primary reference: M. R. Johnston. 1980. Geology of the Tinui-Awatoitoi District. New Zealand Geological Survey Bulletin 94:1-62 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83440: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)