Where: Tehama County, California (40.1° N, 122.2° W: paleocoordinates 37.8° N, 71.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Paskenta Formation, Valanginian (140.2 - 136.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Paskenta Fm. AGE: Valanginian, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Diller & Storrs in 1893; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Diller and Storrs, 1893. REPOSITORY: USNM, Washington DC.
Primary reference: R. W. Imlay. 1960. Ammonites of Early Cretaceous age (Valanginian and Hauterivian) from the Pacific Coast states. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 334(F):1-228 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83608: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)