Where: Chile (53.5° S, 71.4° W: paleocoordinates 55.5° S, 61.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Rio Blanco Formation, Late/Upper Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Rio Blanco Fm, which regionally overlies the Tres Morros Fm (Maastrichtian), and is overlain by the Carrera Fm (Maastrichtian). AGE: Late Maastrichtian, on the basis of macrofossil and foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size classes: macrofossils, microfossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, concretion
Collected by Lahsen & Charrier
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Lahsen and Charrier. REPOSITORY:SGO-PO, Chile.
Primary reference: D. B. Pathak. 2007. Jurassic/Cretaceous boundary in the Spiti Himilaya, India. Journal of the Paleontological Society of India 52(1):51-57 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83617: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)