Also known as Loc. 185 of Donovan (1953)
Where: Greenland (72.6° N, 22.6° W: paleocoordinates 57.0° N, 10.6° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Albrechts Bugt Member (Palnatokes Bjerg Formation), Early/Lower Valanginian (140.2 - 136.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Albrechts Bugt Mbr of the Palnatokes Bjerg Fm, which conformably overlies the Bernbjerg Fm (Jurassic). AGE: Valanginian, on the basis of ammonoid and belemnoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite list for the member at this section.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, concretionary mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, concretion
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: P. Alsen, 1996-2001; and other workers: Donovan, 1950-1952. REPOSITORY: GMUH (Geological Museum, Copenhagen, Denmark).
Primary reference: P. Alsen. 2006. The Early Cretaceous (Late Ryazanian-Early Hauterivian) ammonite fauna of North-East Greenland: taxonomy, biostratigraphy, and biogeography. Fossils and Strata 53:1-229 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83742: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)