Where: Queensland, Australia (24.9° S, 146.0° E: paleocoordinates 58.3° S, 133.7° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Allaru Formation, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Allaru Fm, which overlies the Toolebuc Fm (Late Albian), and is overlain by the Mackunda Fm (latest Albian). AGE: Late Albian, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation at this section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Henderson, R.A., among other collectors: D. McKenzie. REPOSITORY: Queensland Museum, Australian Museum, Geological Survey of Queensland.
Primary reference: R. A. Henderson and W. J. Kennedy. 2002. Occurence of the ammonite Goodhallites goodhalites (J. Sowerby) in the Eromanga Basin, Queensland: an index species for the late Albian (Cretaceous). Alcheringa 26:233-247 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83756: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)