Where: Western Australia, Australia (22.7° S, 114.3° E: paleocoordinates 49.6° S, 100.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Korojon Calcarenite Formation, Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Korojon Calcarenite, which underlies the Miria Fm (Maastrichtian). AGE: Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From single bed.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, concretionary, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, replaced with phosphate
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: T.A. Darragh, G.W Kendrick, R.A. Henderson, and W.J. Kennedy, 1969, 1979, 1993. REPOSITORY: Western Australian Museum.
Primary reference: R. A. Henderson, W. J. Kennedy, and K. J. McNamara. 1992. Maastrichtian heteromorph ammonites from the Carnarvon Basin, Western Australia. Alcheringa 16:133-170 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83847: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 05.09.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)