Where: Congo-Kinshasa (6.1° S, 24.5° E: paleocoordinates 15.4° S, 16.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Eocene (55.8 - 48.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic position. AGE: Early Eocene, assumed, on the basis of other occurrences of this species. Stated to be Eocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in local section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Not stated in text, possibly Dartevelle. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: A. K. Miller. 1951. Tertiary nautiloids of west-coastal Africa. Annales du Museé du Congo Belge Tervuren, Sciences Géologiques 8:1-88 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83992: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 13.09.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)