Where: Millard County, Utah (38.8° N, 113.8° W: paleocoordinates 0.5° N, 45.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Chainman Shale Formation, Chesterian (339.4 - 318.1 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Chainman Shale, 40 ft interval, 964-1004 ft above base of the formation. AGE: Chesterian, derived from Geolex.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Gordon & Christner in 1957; reposited in the USGS
• COLLECTORS: M. Gordon, Jr, and R. Christner, 1957. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: R. H. Flower and M. Gordon. 1959. More Mississippian belemnites. Journal of Paleontology 33(5):809-842 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 84410: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.10.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)