Where: Choctaw County, Alabama (32.2° N, 88.0° W: paleocoordinates 35.0° N, 69.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Matthews Landing Marl Member (Porters Creek Formation), Selandian (61.7 - 58.7 Ma)
• Replicates 1, 3 and 4 are from same replicate collecting area, bulk 2 is 9.2m from them.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; poorly lithified, coarse-grained, concretionary, glauconitic, gray, green, calcareous sandstone and unlithified, gray claystone
Size class: mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• Gastropod shells were only counted if they contained the apex of the shell; bivalves shells were only counted if they contained the umbo.
Primary reference: J. A. Sessa, M. E. Patzkowsky, and T. J. Bralower. 2009. Impact of lithification on the diversity, size distribution, and recovery dynamics of marine invertebrate assemblages. Geology 37(2):115-118 [M. Patzkowsky/J. Sessa/J. Sessa] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86173: authorized by Mark Patzkowsky, entered by Jocelyn Sessa on 26.01.2009