Where: Hungary (47.8° N, 18.5° E: paleocoordinates 29.4° N, 26.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Bersek Marl Formation, Late/Upper Hauterivian (136.4 - 130.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Bersek Marl Formation, which is unconformably overlain by the Labatlan Sandstone Fm. AGE: Late Hauterivian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 212, near top of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified marl
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Fulop in 1963-1964
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Fülöp, 1963-1964. REPOSITORY: Hungarian Geological Survey.
Primary reference: I. Fözy and N. M. M. Janssen. 2009. Integrated Lower Cretaceous biostratigraphy of the Bersek Quarry, Gerecse Mountains, Transdanubian Range. Hungary. Cretaceous Research 30:78-92 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86360: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)