Where: Millard County, Utah (39.5° N, 113.0° W: paleocoordinates 4.6° S, 91.6° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Ptychagnostus gibbus trilobite zone, Wheeler Formation, Middle Cambrian (513.0 - 501.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From lower Wheeler Formation, which overlies the Swasey Limestone. AGE: Marjuman; Ptychagnostus gibbus zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From near base of section (55-56 m).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, fine-grained limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Babcock and others (not stated in text). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: L. E. Babcock, M. N. Rees, R. A. Robison, E. S. Langenburg, and S. Peng. 2004. Potential Global Standard Stratotype-section and Point (GSSP) for a Cambrian stage boundary defined by the first appearance of the trilobite Ptychagnostus atavus, Drum Mountains, Utah, USA. Geobios 37:149-158 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86738: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)