Where: Fresno County, California (36.1° N, 120.4° W: paleocoordinates 42.0° N, 96.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Moreno Formation (Asuncion Group), Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Moreno Fm, Asuncion Gp, which overlies the Garzas Sand Mbr. AGE: Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the top of the Moreno (resembling Marca Shale).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Hanna in 1929; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: G. D. Hanna. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences.
Primary reference: S. Bengtson. 1992. Proterozoic and earliest Cambrian skeletal metazoans. In J.W. Schopf, C. Klein (eds.), The Proterozoic Biosphere: A Multidisciplinary Study 1017-1034 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/S. Nurnberg] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86853: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)