Where: Fresno County, California (36.1° N, 120.4° W: paleocoordinates 42.0° N, 96.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Ragged Valley Shale Formation (Asuncion Group), Early/Lower Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Ragged Valley Shale, Asuncion Gp, for which lithostratigraphic relations are unknown. AGE: Early Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From below the Brown Mountain Sandstone.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Hanna in 1930; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: G. D. Hanna, 1930. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences.
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86854: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)