Also known as SSF 8.15
Where: Sweden (55.5° N, 14.3° E: paleocoordinates 42.6° S, 30.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Gislov Formation, Lenian (516.0 - 513.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Gislöv Fm, which unconformably overlies the Rispebjerg Sandstone, and is overlain by the Alum Shale. AGE: Lenian, on the basis of trilobite biostratigraphy; Proampyx linnarssoni trilobite zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed G in local stratigraphic section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, gray, silty grainstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Bergstrom & Ahlberg
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Presumably the authrors, Bergstrom and Ahlberg, c. 1980's. REPOSITORY: Sveriges geologiska undersökning (SGU), Tunavägen, Sweden.
Primary reference: J. Bergström and P. Ahlberg. 1984. Uppermost lower Cambrian biostratigraphy in Scania, Sweden. Geologiska Foreningens i Stockholm Forhandlingar 103:193-214 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87214: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)