Where: British Columbia, Canada (58.3° N, 121.8° W: paleocoordinates 59.7° N, 68.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Sikanni Formation (Fort St. John Group), Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Sikanni Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Early to middle Late Albian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy; Neogastroplites zone, N. selwyni or N. cornutus subzone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From third sandstone of Sikanni Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, fine-grained, glauconitic, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Burling in 1944; reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: L.D. Burling, 1944. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1964. Illustration of canadian fossils. Lower Cretaceous marine index fossils of the sedimentary basins of western and Arctic Canada. Geological Survey of Canada Paper 64(11):1-101 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87385: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)