Where: Alberta, Canada (56.2° N, 117.3° W: paleocoordinates 56.8° N, 65.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Peace River Formation, Early/Lower Albian (112.0 - 109.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Clearwater Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Early-middle Albian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy; Beudanticeras affine zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Wickenden in 1949; reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: R.T.D. Wickenden, 1949. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1964. Illustration of canadian fossils. Lower Cretaceous marine index fossils of the sedimentary basins of western and Arctic Canada. Geological Survey of Canada Paper 64(11):1-101 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87390: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)