Where: Nuevo Leon, Mexico (25.6° N, 100.5° W: paleocoordinates 24.5° N, 55.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: La Péna Formation, Early/Lower Aptian (125.5 - 122.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the La Péna Fm, which overlies the Cupido Fm. AGE: Early Aptian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From upper part of the formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone and lithified, calcareous marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Barragan & Maurrasse
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Barragán & Maurrasse. REPOSITORY: Museum of Paleontology at the Institute of Geology (IGM).
Primary reference: R. Barragán and F. J.-M. Maurrasse. 2008. Lower Aptian (Lower Cretaceous) ammonites from the basal strata of the La Peña Formation of Nuevo León State, northeast Mexico: biochronostratigraphic implications. Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Geológicas 25(1):145-157 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87908: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)