Where: Lara, Venezuela (10.2° N, 69.7° W: paleocoordinates 3.1° N, 42.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: La Puya Formation, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the La Puya Fm, which regionally unconformably overlies the Peņas Altas Fm (Aptian) and is overlain by the La Luna Fm. AGE: Late Albian; Hoplites orbignyi zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the upper part of the formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Museum of Natural History, Basel.
Primary reference: O. Renz. 1982. The Cretaceous ammonites of Venezuela 1-132 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87952: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)