Where: Lac qui Parle County, Minnesota (45.0° N, 96.2° W: paleocoordinates 44.7° N, 59.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit, for which stratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Turonian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From sandy limestone that fills a fissure in Precambrian granite.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, sandy limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: W. A. Cobban. 1983. Molluscan fossil record from the northeastern part of the Upper Cretaceous seaway, Western Interior. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 1253:1-25 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88013: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)