Where: Nuevo Leon, Mexico (27.6° N, 100.0° W: paleocoordinates 33.6° N, 79.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Escondido Formation, Early/Lower Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Escondido beds, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discused. AGE: Early Maastrichtian; on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified sandstone and lithified, sandy shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Bose; reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, but presumably E. Böse. REPOSITORY: University of California, Berkeley.
Primary reference: E. Böse. 1928. Cretaceous ammonites from Texas and northern Mexico. University of Texas Bulletin 2748(2 - 1927):143-357 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/L. Bulot] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88244: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)