Where: Jackson County, Oregon (42.6° N, 123.1° W: paleocoordinates 42.8° N, 78.4° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: At elevation of 2,700-2,700'.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Jones in 1958; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Jones, 1958. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: D. L. Jones. 1960. Lower Cretaceous (Albian) fossils from southwestern Oregon and their paleogeographic significance. Journal of Paleontology 34(1):152-160 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88616: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)