Where: Terrell County, Texas (30.0° N, 102.1° W: paleocoordinates 29.6° N, 67.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Buda Limestone Formation, Early/Lower Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Buda Limestone, which overlies the Del Rio Fm (Cenomanian), and is correlative with the Grasyon Fm. AGE: Early Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 1 m below top of middle (nodular) within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, nodular limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Stricklen
• COLLECTOR: F. Stricklen. REPOSITORY: UT and WSA.
Primary reference: K. Young. 1979. Lower Cenomanian and Late Albian (Cretaceous) ammonites, especially Lyelliceridae, or Texas and Mexico. Texas Memorial Museum Bulletin 26:1-99 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88743: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)