Where: Coahuila de Zaragoza, Mexico (29.0° N, 102.5° W: paleocoordinates 28.7° N, 68.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Del Rio Formation, Early/Lower Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Del Rio Fm, which overlies the Georgetown Beds (Cenomanian) and is overlain by the Buda Fm. AGE: Early Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Baker
• COLLECTOR: C. L. Baker. REPOSITORY: UT and WSA.
Primary reference: K. Young. 1979. Lower Cenomanian and Late Albian (Cretaceous) ammonites, especially Lyelliceridae, or Texas and Mexico. Texas Memorial Museum Bulletin 26:1-99 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88764: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)