Also known as DV 923-1E
Where: Peru (15.6° S, 74.6° W: paleocoordinates 15.7° S, 73.9° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pisco Formation, Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Presumably from the Pisco Fm. AGE: Late Pliocene in text, on the basis of K/Ar dates, siliceous microfossil zonation, and molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Near middle of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal, conglomeratic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2008. Pliocene and Pleistocene Fissurella Bruguiére, 1789 (Gastropoda: Fissurellidae) from Southern Peru. The Veliger 50(2):129-148 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 89175: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.05.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)