Where: Peru (15.7° S, 75.6° W: paleocoordinates 16.2° S, 77.9° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pisco Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unknown lithostratigraphic unit; possibly Pisco Fm. AGE: late Early Pliocene in text, on the basis of K/Ar dates, siliceous microfossil zonation, and molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2008. Pliocene and Pleistocene Fissurella Bruguiére, 1789 (Gastropoda: Fissurellidae) from Southern Peru. The Veliger 50(2):129-148 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 89182: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.05.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)