Also known as Loc. S 2 of Caster (1938)
Where: Angola (6.7° S, 12.5° E: paleocoordinates 12.8° S, 5.3° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Quimbriz Formation, Lutetian (48.6 - 40.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Quimbriz Fm, which overlies the Quinzáo Fm, and is unconformably overlain by the Cobra Fm. AGE: Eocene, based on antiquated correlation with Newton's (1922) Nigerian Eocene fauna; Lutetian based on recent biostratigraphic correlations. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From green sands.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, fine-grained, green, argillaceous, calcareous sandstone and poorly lithified, black, gray, green, argillaceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Veatch; reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTOR: A.C. Veatch, Companhia de Petróleo de Angola. REPOSITORY: PRI.
Primary reference: K. E. Caster. 1938. Macroscopic fauna of the Quimbriz (Eocene) Formation on the Lucolo River, Angola. Separata do tômo XX das Communições dos Serviços Geológicos de Portugal [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 89620: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 05.06.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)