Where: Puebla, Mexico (19.3° N, 98.5° W: paleocoordinates 11.9° S, 47.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Missourian (305.9 - 303.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigra[phic unit. AGE: Late Missourian in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From middle top of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk, hydroflouric, sieve,
• PREPARATION METHODS: The methods of extraction are similar for the three samples, and all the microfossils have been extracted by etching with 5% hydrofluoric acid. COLLECTORS: Not stated, but presumably the authors. REPOSITORY: Laboratory of Palaeozoic Palaeontology and Palaeogeography (LP3) of the university of Lille (France); the field samples are emplaced in the laboratory of geology of the UNAM (Universidad Autónoma de Mexico, Mexico).
Primary reference: M. Caridroit, A. Lamerandt, J.-M. Dégardin, A. Flores Dios, and D. Vachard. 2002. Discovery of radiolaria and conodonts in the Carboniferous–Permian of San Salvador Patlanoaya (Puebla, Mexico); biostratigraphic implications. C R Palevol 1:205-211 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91004: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)