Where: Ukraine (45.0° N, 35.4° E: paleocoordinates 37.8° N, 30.7° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Spiroplectammina spectabilis foram zone, Late/Upper Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Late Maastrichtian, on the basis of foraminiferal and belemnite biostratigraphy; Spiroplectammina spectabilis foram zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 8 near middle of the section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone
Size class: microfossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTORS: Presumably collected by the authors. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: L. F. Kopaevich, A. S. Alekseev, A. M. Nikishin, V. N. Ben'yamoviskii, E. V. Yakovishina, E. A. Sokolova, and A. I. Voznesenskii. 2009. On Late Maastrichtian–Early Danian Water Masses and Lithologic and Foraminifer Assemblages in Different Tectonic Zones of the Mountainous Crimea. Moscow University Geology Bulletin 62(3):164-172 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91064: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 03.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)