Where: Sweden (55.5° N, 14.1° E: paleocoordinates 45.9° N, 14.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Senonian; mamillatus zone; presumably age is based on ammonoid biostratigraphy; assigned to Campanian on the basis of more recent publications. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Riksmuseum, Stockholm, Sweden.
Primary reference: A. G. Smith. 1973. Fossil chitons from the Mesozoic - A checklist and bibliography. Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences 103:1-30 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91218: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)