Where: Orange County, California (34.3° N, 118.8° W: paleocoordinates 33.4° N, 112.6° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Vaqueros Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Vaqueros Fm, which overlies the the Sespe Fm (Eocene-Miocene). AGE: Early Miocene, presumably on the basis of molluscan and foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the Turritella inezana zone in the upper part of the Vaqueros Fm.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; argillaceous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: USNM, Cushman Coll.
Primary reference: J. A. Cushman and L. W. Leroy. 1938. A microfauna from the Vaqueros Formation, Lower Miocene, Simi Valley, Ventura County, California. Journal of Paleontology 12(2):117-126 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91373: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)