Also known as Loc. 162
Where: Spartanburg County, South Carolina (35.1° N, 82.2° W: paleocoordinates 35.2° N, 74.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Santee Limestone Formation, Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Santee Limestone, which presumably regionally underlies the Cooper Marl and unconformably overlies the McBean Fm, and is regionally correlative with the Barnswell Sand. AGE: Late Eocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From abandoned marl pit (now under water).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: poorly lithified, white, yellow limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Sloan & Vaughn
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: E. Sloan and T.W. Vaughn. REPOSITORIES: Unknown.
Primary reference: C. W. Cooke. 1936. Geology of the Coastal Plain of South Carolina. United States Geological Survey Bulletin 837 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92435: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)