Where: Sardinia, Italy (40.8° N, 8.6° E: paleocoordinates 43.0° N, 4.1° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: N7 foram zone, Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• "upper Burdigalian" and "N7 Zone of Blow, 1969"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified marl
Size class: microfossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve
• samples were "washed residues" consisting of "approximately 200 g"
Primary reference: A. Bossio, B. Dall'Antonia, S. Da Prato, L. M. Foresi, and G. Oggiano. 2006. Preliminary stratigraphical investigations of the Miocene successions of the Porto Torres Basin (northern Sardinia, Italy). Atti della SocietÓ Toscana di Scienze Naturali, Memorie Seria A 111:67-74 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 93945: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 06.02.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)