Where: Japan (34.6° N, 137.2° E: paleocoordinates 34.8° N, 137.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Toshima Sand Formation (Toyohashi Group), Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Toshima Sand of the Toyohasi Gp, which overlies the Akasawa SIlt, and is overlain by the Tonami Gravel of the Tahara Gp. AGE: Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: A composite lis for the entire Takamatsu shell sand facies of the Toshima Sand.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hayasaka
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: S. Hayasaka. REPOSITORY: Possibly Tohoku University.
Primary reference: S. Hayasaka. 1962. Summary of the geology and paleontology of the Atsumi Peninsula, Aichi Prefecture, Japan. Science reports of the Tohoku Imperial University. 2nd series, Geology 195-217 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 97028: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)