Where: Los Angeles County, California (34.4° N, 118.5° W: paleocoordinates 34.1° N, 117.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Towsley Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Towsley Fm, which unconformably overlies Eocene strata, and is overlain by the Pico Fm (Pliocene). AGE: Early Pliocene, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From basal sandstone in formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Kern
Collection methods: bulk, surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: J.P. Kern, c. 1970's. REPOSITORY: UCLA, California.
Primary reference: J. P. Kern. 1973. Early Pliocene marine climate and environment of the eastern Ventura Basin, Southern California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 96:1-117 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 97402: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.07.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)