Where: England, United Kingdom (52.1° N, 1.5° E: paleocoordinates 52.1° N, 1.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Chillesford Clay Member (Norwich Crag Formation), Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Chillesford Clay Mbr of the Norwich Crag Fm, which overlies the Red Crag Fm, and is overlain by post-Crag deposits. AGE: Early Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 10.85-11.10 m below datum.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marginal marine; unlithified claystone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: J. A. Zalasiewicz, S. J. Mathers, M. J. Hughes, P. L. Gibbard, S. M. Peglar, R. Harland, R. A. Nicholson, G. S. Boulton, P. Cambridge and G. P. Wealthall. 1988. Stratigraphy and palaeoenvironments of the Red Crag and Norwich Crag Formations between Aldeburgh and Sizewll, Suffolk, England. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series B, Biological Sciences 322(1210):221-272 [M. Uhen/M. Uhen] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 98114: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.09.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)